What you need to know about Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
This is the multi-function vitamin that can tackle many anti-aging issues. This ingredient is one that has been overlooked for a long time. Here are 6 things you must know about Niacinamide Vitamin B3 for you skin.
- Antioxidant Effects – Niacinamide increases the antioxidant capacity of skin after skin application
- Improves Barrier Function by increasing synthesis of ceramides which helps to improves hydration retention helps the stratum corneum becomes thicker.
- Decreases sallowness and yellowing of the skin – The yellowing of skin can come from aging and be a result of glycation of proteins. Glycation is a spontaneous oxidative reaction between protein and sugar that results in cross-linked proteins which make the skin look yellowish. Niacinamide helps to inhibit the oxidative process.
- Decreases erythema and blotchiness. Erythema and blotchiness is decreased due to improving the barrier function. When you have a better barrier function you will see less irritation and redness.
- Decreases fine lines and wrinkles There are many ways Niacinamide helps with wrinkles and fine lines. Niacinamide may have the ability to increase dermal collagen and protein production. It also helps wrinkles by reducing excess dermal glycosaminoglycans (GAGs).
- Hyperpigmentation – Niacinamide helps with pigmentation because it reduces melanosome transfer from melanocytes to surrounding keratinocyte.
Products with Niacinamide
Niacinamide Serum – This is your best option for post treatment and our serum with the most concentration of Niacinamide.
Clarifying Serum – This is a great serum for the combination skin type and for those that want to keep their skin healthy.
Antioxidant Serum – This is a great anti-aging serum that will hydrate skin to the maximum. Perfect for dehydrated, dry and mature skin types. Will leave skin glowing.
Bright Radiance Moisturizer – This is a brightening kojic treatment that will help to help brighten the skin. It contains Niacinamide to help improve hyperpigmentation. The serums can be applied before this moisturizer for maximum benefits.