Spending time in the sun can increase the risk of skin cancer and accelerate signs of aging. Here are some quick tips for keeping your skin safe in the sun.
- Use sunscreens with broad spectrum of SPF values 15 or higher
- Limit the sun between hours of 10am and 2pm. This is when the suns rays are most intense.
- Wear clothing like long sleeve shirts, pants, sun glasses, and hats to cover skin for added protection.
- Reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours or more if you are sweating or in the water.
- Apply enough sunscreen to the skin. Many people will apply the sunscreen very thin.
Have a fun and safe time in the sun!
US Food & Drug Administration – www.fda.gov